Sorry for my lack of posts in previous weeks. I am super busy with the album! It’s coming on really well – we’ve almost finished vocals, and it will be ready for mixing soon!
In the meantime, here’s a quick breakfast recipe for you! This is my morning staple.
Chocolate Cake Mix Oatmeal
It’s hard to believe that there is nothing unhealthy about this breakfast. Be prepared to feel like you’re sneaking brownie batter from the mixing bowl.
- ¼ cup oat bran
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp golden flaxseeds (linseeds)
- ¼ cup soya milk
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 very heaped tsp cocoa powder (probably equal to about 1 level tbsp)
- Sweetener (such as stevia) to taste (I used 2 sachets)
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used chocolate flavour, but vanilla or cookies & cream would also be great)
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree (optional – butternut, carrot or another sweet vegetable would also work)
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl or pan and cook as you would regular oatmeal. You may need to add more water during cooking.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (and more water if needed) and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
This breakfast (or lunch, or dinner…) is packed with nutrients. It’s high in fibre, complex carbs and protein, with magnesium from the cocoa, beta carotene from the pumpkin, omegas (healthy fats) from the flaxseeds and a shed-load of B-vitamins from the wheat germ. And it tastes wonderful! What more could you want out of a meal?