Hello lovely people,
Yesterday’s Pilates session was taken to a whole new level! Now that my core is getting stronger, I am able to perform the more challenging variations of the exercises, which are no walk in the park! And remember I said I wanted to increase my flexibility? Well, in yesterday’s session I was able to sit with my legs straight, touch my toes and rest my head on my knees. I haven’t been able to do that since my ballet-training, many years ago! It’s very rewarding to be making notable progress.
I am unfortunately missing weight training. Even though I don’t really enjoy it while I’m doing it, I LOVE the feeling I get after a hardcore lifting session. I even love the soreness the following day! But I am determined to see my 3 month experiment through.
This morning I went for a 20-minute run/walk up the hill, after which I down to a yummy post-workout breakfast, inspired by something I saw April make a while ago:
High-Protein Bread Pudding
- 2 slices of Protein-Enriched Apple & Cinnamon Bread (or bread of your choice)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Place bread slices in a microwaveable bowl.
- Whisk together the milk and eggs and pour over the bread.
- Mash the ingredients together well.
- Microwave for approximately 2 minutes on full, re-mashing every 30 seconds. For best results, do not fully cook the egg, but cook until the mixture is fairly set but still moist.
- Serve with a topping of your choice.
- Honey or sugar-free syrup
- A dollop of Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
- Cacao nibs and gogi berries
- Peanut butter
- Extra cinnamon!
I’m eating whole eggs at the moment (rather than egg whites), as it helps me to keep my calories up (which is harder now that I’m only eating three proper meals a day). Also, the yolks are choc-full of nutrients, and I need as many of those as I can get!
Well, that’s me over and out. I have an album to promote!