I am back, with perhaps my most successful recipe to date!
Since I am avoiding dairy and eggs, I have been enjoying coming up with new desserts. One of my absolute FAVOURITE sweet treats is Chocolate Truffles. As such, I tried my hand at creating a vegan version. Everyone who tried them loved them. They truly do melt in your mouth, and it’s very hard to just eat one!
So without further ado, here is the recipe:
Spiced Coconut Truffles
- 300g dark chocolate
- 1 cup coconut cream
- A dash each of cayenne pepper, mixed spice and cinnamon
- Desiccated coconut, for rolling in (the truffles, that is)
- Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler, or in the microwave for 3-4 minutes on 70%.
- Stir in the coconut cream and beat with a spoon till thoroughly combined.
- Leave to cool in the bowl and then refrigerate overnight, or till the mixture has set.
- Take spoonfuls of the set mixture and quickly roll into balls, then roll in the desiccated coconut.
- Savour and enjoy!
When I’ve found the USB cable for my camera I will upload pictures!