When it’s Banana Bread Oatmeal!
Banana Bread Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 fresh or frozen banana, sliced (I used 95g frozen)
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of mixed spice or ground nutmeg
- Place the oats, soy milk, banana, salt, vanilla and flaxseeds in a medium sized, microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 4 minutes on high, stirring and mashing with a fork at the end of each minute and making sure the mixture doesn’t boil over.
- Stir in the spices and blend the mixture with a hand-held blender or in a regular blender.
- Cover and leave to stand overnight.
- In the morning, eat cold or reheat for a couple of minutes before serving.
Yummy yummy. This is was perfectly sweet enough for me without any added sugar, but if you have a mega sweet tooth you could add a bit of your favourite sweetener. I find that cinnamon adds sweetness to things on it’s own – does anyone else agree?
In non-food news, today I’m busy planning my CD launch which is happening next Friday (25th) – very exciting! It’s looking to be a great night – we are having it professionally filmed, so I will be sure to link you to some clips when they’re available!
Have a great Thursday!
Much love and God bless,