- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- Mix spices together and toast in a dry pan until the aromas are released (careful not to burn).
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 2 tsp coconut oil/coconut butter
- 150g skinless chicken breast, diced or cut into strips
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp hot chilli sauce (optional – I used hot peri-peri)
- Coat the chicken with the lemon juice, chilli sauce and some of your spice mixture. Add a bit of salt and pepper, if you fancy.
- Meanwhile, sweat the onion and garlic in 1 tsp of the the coconut oil/butter on a low heat until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the second tsp coconut oil/butter, as well as the chicken and marinade juices. Stir-fry till chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with vegetables, brown rice, quinoa, or atop your favourite salad!