Homemade Coconut Butter
- 1 ½ cups shredded/desiccated coconut
- 4 tsp oil (sunflower, olive, coconut – whatever works best for you, as long as it doesn’t conflict with the coconut flavour)
- Place ½ cup coconut in blender. Blend till fine (you may need to stop every 30 seconds or so to push the coconut back down to the bottom.
- Keep the blender going and add oil ½ tsp at a time, allowing each addition to be thoroughly combined before adding the next. Again, turn blender off and scrape the sides down frequently.
- Once you have a paste-like consistency, keep blender going and add another ¼ cup coconut. Wait till thoroughly incorporated, then add another ¼ cup. Leave to blend for a few minutes until you have a liquid-like consistency (the heat from the blender will cause the oil to melt, creating the liquid-like consistency).
- Add the final ½ cup and blend till you get back to the liquid consistency. Transfer to jar or tub and leave to cool.
- Will set once it reaches room temperature. This takes longer than you’d think, so be patient!