Low-Carb Coconut Crepes
These are one of my favourite sweet low-carb concoctions. Makes 1 serving of about three or four crepes.
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 tbsp plain soya protein powder (or you could use a flavoured protein powder of your choice)
- Pinch of baking powder
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cold water
- ½ tsp banana essence (or to taste)
- 1 tsp sugar-free pineapple cordial (Sweeto brand for me)
- Sweetener such as Stevia to taste
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until light and increased in volume (you want lots of air to be whipped in – this will make the crepes light and fluffy).
- Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray, or for a tastier alternative, melt some butter and spread until pan is coated. Heat pan to a medium temperature.
- Coat the base of the pan with a thin layer of the mixture (this can be easily achieved by tilting the pan and pouring the mixture from the top and moving the pan from side to side as the mixture runs down).
- When golden on the underside and easy to move, flip the crepe and cook for about 20 seconds on the other side.
- Repeat until all your mixture is used up and serve with your favourite topping (cottage cheese, peanut butter, sugar-free syrup, crème fraiche, etc)!