Too Good to be True Tropical Cheesecake
- 1 cup fat-free smooth cottage cheese (or chunky cottage cheese, blended till smooth)
- 1 cup fat-free yogurt (I used Darling’s honey flavoured Lite Feast)
- 1 sachet (10g) powdered gelatine or equivalent amount of Agar.
- 2 ½ – 3 tsp sugar-free pineapple cordial (I used Sweet-O brand)
- ¼ cup egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- Sweetener to taste (such as stevia or equisweet)
- Few drops of coconut essence
- ¾ cup Pineapple chunks
- Dissolve gelatine in 125ml of hot water according to instructions and allow to cool slightly.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar to form stiff peaks.
- Lightly whip cottage cheese and yogurt together.
- Add gelatine and coconut essence to cottage cheese and yogurt mixture. Add cordial and sweetener to taste and gently whip ingredients together.
- Gently fold in egg whites and pineapple chunks.
- Spoon into 3 tall serving glasses and refrigerate till set. Will have a mousse-like consistency.